If you are into electrical engineering and like toys with different systems, you must be aware of simulation. There is tons of simulation equipment in the town but the engineering works have intricate details. These intricate details are the basis of effective end results for any project. This is why it is important for engineers to use only the best electrical software. Today, we are going to talk about Proteus 8 which has been named as one of the most famous and powerful electrical software for Windows users.
Proteus 8 is available for every Windows users who are either using the 32-bit or 64-bit system. This software has been created by Labcenter Electronics and they are aimed at creating the product that ensures the generation of schemas. On the other, Proteus 8 is essential software to work on micro control and simulation as well. With this software, the engineers are at the liberty to create the electrical designs with the ultimate incorporation of the switches and logic gates to create the utter circuit.
This software has been proving itself handy for the educational institutes as they don’t have to deal with physical devices. It is easy to say that this software has the liberty to reduce the damage. With this software, users can create different types of electrical circuits and designs. These designs are then used to design the electronic equipment. The user interface is very friendly and it allows the users to work on generators, power supplies, resistors, microcontrollers, and transistors.
Proteus 8 has been designed keeping in mind the ultimate error tracking and output for the electrical designs. These designs and drawings are implemented to create the designs. Also, this software has Virtual Simulation Modeling which not only enhances the performance but also provides a real-time virtual environment for the circuits. With this software, the editing of the electrical equipment has been enhanced as well.
Features of Proteus 8 Full Version
- Ability to design and draw the electrical designs
- Simulation of the electric designs
- Editing of the designs is possible
New features include:
- Multi-Board Support: A formal scheme for product designs that have multiple rigid boards but a single schematic. Each board can have its own stack and design rules and work on specific boards can be switched via a simple combo box. The design explorer module provides a global overview of the project and all of the output systems such as Bill of Materials and CADCAM are board aware.
- Differential Pair Pass-Through: It’s very common for passive devices to be part of the differential pair (between source and destination pins). This makes it harder to treat the signal as a single entity and complicates things like length matching. In this release we’ve introduced a scheme whereby you can specify these passives as pass through devices. They will then contribute any specified pin length (x2) plus the pad->pad distance on the PCB (footprint distance) to any length matching calculations.
- Non Functional Pads: Despite the name non functional pads are typically vias on which the annular ring is removed on layers where no connection is made. This can make a little more space in a tight area of the board or serve to reduce stray capacitance near sensitive signals. We’ve introduced support for NFP either via global command or to all vias inside a selection box. Design rules measurements take place either from the hole edge for depleted layers or from the edge of the annular ring where present. Users can remove and restore NFP as needed and the system will automatically restore the annular ring if the via is manually routed to on a layer that is currently depleted.
- SnapEDA Web Search: We’ve added integration with SnapEDA as a second vendor in the integrated web search, allowing direct access to their vast online library of parts and direct import into the Proteus application.
- Cloud Licensing: We’ve added access to log files, a heartbeat indicator and an authorised IP list to the web portal for enterprise customer cloud licensing.
- Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10 (32-bit or 64-bit – all editions)
- 2 GHz or faster processor
- 3 GB RAM (memory)
- 1 GB free hard disk space available
- 1280 × 800 display
- OpenGL 2.0
- DirectX 9.0